Medicare Australia - Marshal Law on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter
Medicare Australia has again decided to run peoples lives, this is the latest attempt to control it's employee's.
Below is a recent email that all Medicare Australia employee's received.
For many of us, we’ve heard about social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter and You Tube and it’s fair to say that we may actually have an account with these type of social media sites too. While they are a great way to keep in touch with friends and colleagues, did you know the use of social media websites by public servants is governed by the APS Values and Code of Conduct?
Employees are expected to maintain the same high standards of conduct and behaviour online as would be expected elsewhere. This includes:
- Being apolitical, impartial and professional
- Behaving with respect and courtesy, and without harassment
- Dealing appropriately with information, recognising that some information needs to remain confidential
- Being sensitive to the diversity of the Australian public
- Taking reasonable steps to avoid conflicts of interest
- Making proper use of Commonwealth resources, and
- Upholding the APS Values and the integrity and good reputation of the APS.
While sites such as Facebook and Twitter (or similar) are ‘blocked’ and not provided in the workplace, please be reminded of your obligationswhen posting comments or photos from home as they must still adhere to the APS Values and Code of Conduct.